Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'm not one for introductions

The first thing I am going to post on this blog is a series of meditations on the Lord's Prayer. These meditations will do again what has already been done in the Heidelberg Catechism, that is, examine each phrase as a statement of doctrine. I seek to be more detailed, and more personal than the catechism, but I will not, I am sure, be as correct in my statements as the catechism is. These meditations are not intended to evangelize, and most certainly are written to convert anyone. These meditations are, as the rest of this blog will also be, the musings of a young Christian exploring the depths of the mystery that is the Gospel of Christ.

It may be objected, in this series of meditations, that I do not refer to prayer enough. To that I say only this: my intention is not to look at prayer, with this prayer as the model; instead, my intention is to see this prayer as a revelation of God's character. In this, I will take Christ's command to "pray in this manner" to mean, "when you pray, keep these characteristics of God in mind." In bringing these things to my mind now on this blog, I hope to remember them, and keep them in my heart. I urge any who might read this to do the same. More to come tomorrow, or rather later today, with the first meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment